Toroku Hiwatare – «the Live legend of Japan»
White porcelain of Toroku Hiwatare is a rare possibility to possess perfection. The master does not suppose the slightest defect in the works and exposes on sale only exclusive subjects of the creativity. As Hiwatare is extremely strict to the work and the smallest detail can bring to nothing work of the several months, those products which eventually are exposed by it on sale, are considered as top of porcelain art. Extremely a laborious work and scrupulousness in a reconstruction of the smallest details of a human body and even emotions on persons of classical characters of the Japanese culture – here pledge of creation of vases and okimono1 which serve as the sample of an engraving of porcelain.
Toroku Hiwitare already more than 95 years, and it does not communicate almost with public, being the extremely unsociable person. However hands do not know it an old age. Till now the master creates окимоно and vases from white porcelain, using technics of an engraving whom any young master, including its pupils and followers cannot repeat. Sculptural products of the master total to 60 smallest details and differ surprising accuracy in transfer of human appearance and a mimicry. Features of a human body are told Hiwatare with such accuracy that sculptures окимоно seem live.
Pupil Teranouchi Sinoichi, the well-known master of school Arita, Hiwatare still has been awarded during lifetime abuse to expose the works in several museums Japonii2. After 20 years of sharpening of art of an engraving in ceramic masterful Kakiemon3, having got the official status highly professional керамиста, Hivatare has devoted itself to individual creativity on creation of porcelain vases and the sculptures, demanding a full solitude and laborious work. Numerous awards in the field of art and culture of Japan testify to a high recognition of technics of an engraving of Hiwatare:
- The main prize of the Exhibition of traditional art on a prize of the president Japanese body-radio corporation NHK at an exhibition of traditional Japanese art,
- The main prize of the International exhibition of traditional porcelain “Salon de l’Amicale des Arts de Versailles”,
- гран at at exhibition World Council of Art in Honolulu, testify to a high recognition of unique technics of an engraving.
|Nabeshima Naotsugu whom during lifetime named «your excellency the mister the governor», was widely known as the judge and the collector of unique porcelain products Hidzen4. In the notes about Toroku Hivatare he high responded about its rare abilities of an engraving: «Its original art of creation of vases from white porcelain and sculptural compositions is known to much, but the special attention is deserved by monumental products». Really, the general recognition of Toroku Hiwatare has brought art to create considerable on the size porcelain sculptures of deities. So, in a temple of Jutoku of Inari Sakuramon5 is exposed the third on size in Japan a statue of god of a crop of Inari of its work.|
| The present rarity – statues of goddess Kannon of work of Toroku Hiwatare. In the Japanese mythology of Kannon - the goddess of the mercy, capable to reincarnate. Considerable sculptures on size of this most popular deity in Japan have brought a general recognition to the master and are exposed in several museums and temples of Japan. A cult of a deity of Kannon one of the most widespread and esteemed in Japan. Хиватарэ has represented Kannon in several different forms – holding a lotus, a roll, a vessel, a pearl and other traditional symbols in Buddhist mythology. Each of these statues is unique, as features of the porcelain goddess performed by Hivatare are unique. Manufacturing of each statue, with the smallest study of a mimicry, bends of a body, clothes and attributes of an image of the goddess demands enormously exact work and considerable time. For this reason images of Kannon of work of Hivatare do not have analogues.
Toroku Hiwatare speaks about the creativity so: «I would like to embody paints of spring and autumn in the works and to keep them for the future».
|Marks of creativity of Toroku Hiwatare:
Was born in 1913 in prefecture Ehime in the district Iyo city of Tobe - the south of Japan which since ancient times is famous for the unique porcelain from rare clay, extracted only in these parts.
- 1968 - the full member of association of handicraftsmen of Japan,
- 1972 - a member префектурного societies of ceramic art, and since 1979 the trustee,
- 1973 - a member of a society of arts of Japan,
- 1983 - is recommended for a decoration in the field of the important non-material culture of the city of Jamauchi (as the carrier of technics of an engraving of ceramics and porcelain),
- 1996 - a recognition of merits in the field of art of Japan.
2. Today in an exposition of a museum of Tajej two considerable works of the master – the goddess the Canon, the patroness of fishermen, and the Figured Vase with drawing of peonies (fig. 1 and fig. 4) are exposed.
3. Masterful Kakiemon – are based by the most known master of the Japanese porcelain - Sakaida Kakiemonom (1596-1666), based a direction existing till now.
4. District Hidzen of prefecture Kagoshima.
5. The temple «Jutoku of Inari Sakuramon» is in district Hidzen of prefecture Kagoshima.
|Figure of the dancer of theatre NO – "Sanbaso". (Height of 43 sm)
The special attention is deserved by a sculpture of the dancer of theatre But, executed of white-blue ceramics сиюэймон.
The dancer executes the third, final, dance of "Sanbaso". On the traditions, almost all performances at theatre But begin with three ritual dances which foretell success to theatrical representation. The executor of "Sanbaso" steps on the stage in special head furniture and traditional Japanese clothes. It executes the original dance full plastics, executed poetic pensiveness and pleasure and at the same time amazing vortical dynamism.
In this work of Toroku Hivatare it was possible almost impossible – to transfer in a motionless sculpture dynamics of dance. The smallest details of clothes of the dancer, executed as if in dynamics, surprisingly natural kind of traditional attributes of the dance, carefully engraved features of the dancer – all it allows to estimate skill of Hivatare, really not knowing to itself equal. As if live, the boy is ready to execute following movement of dance.